**Please notice that the rules for the Online Econ Challenge have changed**
The TEXAS EconChallenge is on! Add Some Excitement to Your Classroom with a Student Competition and Cash Awards for Teachers and Students in the Adam Smith and David Ricardo divisions. The top two teams in the Milton Friedman division will receive certificates.
- David Ricardo for on level students new to Econ
- Adam Smith for AP, IB, Honors and the Veterans
- Milton Friedman division for the middle school students and does not compete at the state level. Certificates are awarded for the top two middle school teams.
There are SIX regions in Texas: North Texas including the Grater Dallas/Ft. Worth area, Greater Houston area, Central Texas, West Texas, South Texas and East Texas.
The Challenge is about to begin:
- January 20 – April 8, 2016- Spring Challenge Teacher Registration. Registration continues until the last day of student participation which is April 8, 2016.
- March 14 - April 8, 2016- Spring Online Competition REVISED DATES- Teams login and face the Challenge! The top Texas team in the online challenge in the Adam Smith and David Ricardo divisions will progress to the National Semifinal Competition.
- April 26, 2016 - National Semifinal Competition for high school teams - Tests will be online proctored from participating teams' schools. Top 4 teams from the regional competition will receive an all-expense paid trip to New York to compete at the national level.
- MAY 20-23, 2016 - National Competition in New York, NY - Be one of the top four in the Adam Smith or David Ricardo National Semifinal Competition. You will fly free to New York to compete at the national level.
Join hundreds of high school and middle school students across Texas in this great academic smack down.
- Teachers- Register today and start creating your student teams.
- Students - Study hard, the EconChallenge ONLINE! will test you and your knowledge of Economics.
Prizes for Students and Teachers in the top two Texas high school teams in the Adam Smith and David Ricardo division
- First place team members and one teacher each receive $75 check.
- Second place team members and one teacher each receive $50 check.
- Middle school first and second place winners will receive certificates.
Prizes for Teachers
- For each registered team per division that completes the challenge, teachers will be entered into a drawing for a $100 check. There will be one drawing per division for the Spring Challenge.
Every high school and middle school student and teacher in Texas is invited to compete in the EconChallenge. Teachers can create as many student teams as they'd like. The registration fee per team is $20. For registration or more information visit the Economics Challenge site.
- Pay by credit card: To pay by credit card, please use the payment form HERE. After filling out the information and pressing submit, you will be redirected to a secure site to fill out your credit card information.
- Pay by check: If you prefer to pay by check or you have not paid by the end of the contest, the Council for Economic Education in New York will email you an invoice following the contest.
Good luck to all our student competitors. The EconChallenge ONLINE! is a great way to flex your intellectual muscle and participate with students from across Texas in an exciting and fun competition.